Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Full moon

Last night the moon 's light was so bright, I woke up at 1 am. I couldn't get back to sleep so warmed up some milk and took some Advil and made a necklace, finally after an hour or so, i was tired and went back to sleep. I had some pretty silly dreams about people asking me to do all these thing that were somehow keeping me form actually getting any thing done. I couldn't remember what I thought I was supposed to be doing and just when I was about to remember, the alarm went off. I toyed with the idea of sleeping until the last possible moment and then just rush into teach, but I just couldn't do that. I had power points to prepare and tests to correct... and papers to sort out. So, at 6 am I stood in the stream of super hot shower water and waited till I woke. By the time I got to school it was seven am, time to check all the things that needed done, set up the video and PowerPoint for my first lecture and look through all the emails. The lectures went fairly well and the watercolor class was fine until one of my students took off with my car keys by mistake. Luckily, he discovered them and came back, but for about 20 minutes, I was at the edge of a wreck, not sure if he had them or whether they were just out of sight, so I began dumping my purse and checking all the places they might be. It never occurred to me when I took this job that everything could unhinge around my losing my keys, especially since I lose them all the time.. This was my last set of house and car keys, so I guess I better make some copies. I am pretty tired, but I can sleep in tomorrow!

No comments: