Saturday, September 8, 2007

Saturday

Spent Friday running errands and making food trays for the opening. By the time people began to arrive I was exhausted. The antibiotic for lime disease makes me sort of ill and I am at the edge of a headache most of the time. I didn't make it to the opening for the Paper Show. I was not up to the drive to the art center and I felt like I was deserting the few people who did show up. So much work. At the end of the day it doesn't add up to much. The work is great and the show is great and hopefully Tom will get some fabulous installation shots and we can just post a decent virtual show.



Phil was released fro Mt St Auburns, and they changed his diagnosis to Typhoid Fever... which is sort of less bad than e-coli, but all the labs are not in yet and he will have to stay up there in case something else shows up... and then followup blood work as an out patient. I think he was relieved to be in his own bed again.



I am still trying to get caught up with the paperwork for the lecture classes. Tomorrow I go to visit Chuck and see his new work for the portrait show. Lunch and conversation with friends. A nice break for me.

My packet response was really very thorough and pressed for some answers that just aren't there for me, but important to address. I am trying out all these community roles and it is like dipping into some new flavor of ice cream. Sure it is OK but I still like my studio life better. I never missed the company of people for thirty years, so it is a distraction, engaging, but very off from my established creative routine. I miss the rhythm of studio work... teaching is just so far from what I like doing.

No comments: