Friday, November 2, 2007

Finding Berringer update

periodically I google my name with the word auction to see if any thing has come up recently. I have tracked down three auction houses here in DC and Bethesda and one in Boston who have handled pieces of mine in the last ten years and now I have way to ask them for any auction records to track the provenance of my work. I was also surprised to see some illustrations I had done in the early 70's selling on Ebay as rare lithographs and etchings... very odd. There was a decor group in Ohio selling a suite of pieces I had co-published with my New York Dealer.
I try to see the humor in this process, but for the most part it is still a thing that brings up some feelings of regret. Better that the work just evaporate than to keep popping up after thirty years.

No comments: